Tuesday, March 20, 2012

TADA!! It worked...the second time.

I nearly forgot to post this wonderful entry about my new experience with a product that I had once written off. It seems that what works for one child does not work for the other. I will not leave you in suspense. The product is none other than Shea Moisture.

This is not a little known product to our house hold. As a matter of fact I have been using Shea Moisture, Curl and Style Milk for several months on my two year old. I mainly use it to add moisture and shine when I braid it from time to time. The performance was satisfactory so I decided to try some other products in the line.

A little background on Shea Moisture: Sofi Tucker started selling shea Nuts at the village market in Bonthe, Sierra Leon in 1912. This Sofi Tucker was the grandmother of the founders of Shea Moisture. Inspired by her tenacity and self sufficiency as a single young mother of four children (widowed at age 19), the Shea Moisture line was born. The product is accompanied by a mission to empower disadvantaged women.

Why I chose to give it one more try?: It was not just the satisfactory performance of the product after I tried it (for the second time) on my two year old that made me stay with it, but also the legacy and the mission of the company. I read the back of the bottle and decided it was worth giving it one more chance.

A brief overview of what we did to achieve success: What we did was simple but effective. The products used were Moisture Retention Shampoo and Deep Treatment Masque. We followed that up with the usual Curl and Style Milk. And of course we did our customary pre-shampoo treatment with coconut oil for 30 minutes prior to shampooing.

We shampooed twice and left the Deep Treatment on for approximately 15minutes. When I rinsed her hair it was soft and shiny and easy to detangle. I was pleased.

Note: I tried this on my older daughter over a year ago and we did not have good success. Her hair was dry and brittle afterward and hard to detangle. I tried it again on her since it worked so well on the baby with no luck. It just goes to show that what works for one does not always work for the other AND you may have try something twice before it works at all.

Below soft manageable hair and a happy two year old:
Facebook



Hair accessories found at your local neighborhood beauty suppy store


She is wearing her favorite Dora dress (Target)

No comments:

Post a Comment