Sunday, November 20, 2011

Organics, Texture My Way Curl Keeper

At the risk of sounding a little like Oprah…here is a wow moment! Are you ready for it? This product costed me a whopping $4.69 at my friendly neighborhood beauty supply store. I found it on Amazon.com for $3.00. So let’s all say it together…WOW! I rarely find something that cheap that actually works.

Now, I am the kind of girl who will pay for something that works. I have spent lots of hard earned money on Mixed Chicks Leave in Conditioner, various Curls hair products and on the Shea Moisture line. I have tried Kinky-Curly and many products that market themselves as curl producing, curl maintaining or curl moisturizing products. AND I have wasted a ton of money on just plain junk that did not work (the junk will remain nameless). None, however, have given my little girl supple, long lasting curls like Organics, Texture my way Curl Keeper.


After experimenting with the above mentioned styling products I decided to try Texture My Way upon recommendation from one of my mother’s co-workers. I washed my daughter's hair, put the product on and watched it do its thing.

First, here’s the deal, all of the products previously mention will add shine and moisture to her curls, but as some of you may have noticed with your own daughters' hair, that over the course of the day the hair will begin to dry out. You may have also found that some of the products are very heavy and greasy. Keep in mind, I have a two year old and one of her favorite things to do is roll in the floor with her favorite blankie. The heavy, greasy products act like magnetic glue in her hair, picking up lint and "whatever else", making her curls look not so cool at all.

BUT when I use the Texture My Way it does not gum her up or weigh it down. It does not add unnecessary greasiness. When she rolls around in her blankie it does not attract debris. Her hair just remains light and soft for several days.

Here is an added bonus! This stuff is an awesome detangler. I use it on my older daughter after shampooing to make the comb out process easier. It is even good for other styles too. Like when you just want to do a quick box braid style that you want to last for a few days. This amazing product keeps the hair smooth and in place and keeps it looking healthy and shiny.

I am a skeptic when it comes to just about everything (especially hair products), but you know what? This little bottle of stuff does what it says and then some. Since adding Texture My Way to my girls’ weekly hair regime, some stress has been relieved. Now, if only I could get my two year old to sit still during styling…

 Hair after shampooing and applying Texture My Way
See the shine and definition?



Texture My Way as a moisturizer for braiding




This style lasted about a week (could have lasted longer if she didn't roll in the blankie)

A few examples of her natural hair a couple days after "wash and go" with Texture My Way





MY DISCLAIMER. For those of you who love to read reviews or watch reviews on YOU TUBE (as I do) you will find some people who disliked this product stating that it did not make their hair “curly” enough for their “wash and go” look. If you are using this product as a wash and go product you will need to have a loose enough curl pattern otherwise the hair will “draw up” and  you will have more of an afro-like look (which is not at all a bad look, it just depends on what you are using it for).

Below you will find a couple of photos of hair texture 3C-ish. If your texture is much "tighter" than this Texture My Way may not work so well as a "wash and go", but will probably do very well as a moisturizer or detangler.

Picture courtesy of Aunaturelledivas.net

Picture Courtesy of ehow.com

Let's Review
Uses for Organics, Texture My Way Curl Keeper
-wash and go
-braiding or “plaiting”
-detangler
-moisturizer
I have used it for all of the above on my girls.
Note: always be sure to check out the ingredients on the bottle for allergies and irritants as this product does have preservatives and fragrance. My daughter has a lot of allergies but has not had reactions with this product.

Which "curl" product works best for you or your little one? Have one better than Organics, Texture My Way Curl Keeper? We'd love to know!
Keep up with us on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. How can i go back to a jheri curl with this produt being in my hair for only 6 wks.old

    ReplyDelete